The development and customizing is tracked and monitored very strictly as the whole transport bulk is copied over into a separate SAP system.
Each development is accompanied with a description, so it is easy to understand for new SAP system why this development is created.
Since multiple SAP system will re-use the development, source fields certain need to be derived from Z-mapping tables
The Connector will be installed on the SAP environment via a standard transport of an ABAP stack (in the Y-Range in SAP, which is called YBite-3). The data between the eCommerce platform and SAP basically is exchanged in XML format. The eCommerce platform sends XML requests to the adapter. SAP processes the data using internal business logic and send XML responses back.
All transport and adapter objects begin with: YBITE3_*** (this can be adjusted upon request). Each development will start with YBITE3_ so it becomes clear that the development of the templates is related to another. Each development is accompanied with a description, so it is easy to understand for new SAP system why this development is created. Since multiple SAP system will re-use the development, source fields certain need to be derived from Z-mapping- tables.
The Connector uses SOAP web services generated with SAP SOA MANAGER:
- Using RemoteFunctionCalls and standard BAPI’s, SAP transactions will be triggered, and data will be delivered
- Stateless; The connection is stateless, meaning the output will have the same fields from the input
- Triggers for communication are done in the eCommerce platform (pull strategy)
- The Connector uses 1 connection user for communication to SAP
- User Management is managed on the e-commerce platform
- The mapping and configuration of the data in SAP to the e-commerce data can be done by configuration screens
The Connector is based on SAP Baseline / best practices with the following principles:
- 1 Sales organization/distribution channel/division per customer
- 1 Global order type
- 1 Global set of shipping types, valid for all customers
- 1 Order type valid for all customers/materials/sales organization combinations